Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Monday menu

Gosh it's been a long time. I'm trying to catch up here. Tonight for dinner, Michael decided that what we had may be his new all time favorite meal ever. Wow! He may even want it for his birthday dinner. Now this could create a problem. We had fish, which a couple of the kids will NOT eat. And his birthday just happens to fall on Christmas Eve. I do like everyone to be happy around the holidays, so we will have to see. In the meantime, I'm posting my menu for the week, including tonight's dinner so I don't forget the husband's favorite meal, lol. Also including what I ended up serving for my inlaws 60th anniversary dinner, which was chosen based on Elisabeth's celiac, Ethan's gluten-free, casein-free diet, and my sil's allergy to soy, eggs, & peanuts.

Saturday Anniversary: Hot Wing Dip w/celery sticks and Fritos, Avocado Black Bean Salsa & Chips, Glazed Pork Loin, Spicy Glazed Chicken, Crash Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, Spring Salad w/raspberry dressing and CAKE. (The pork and hot wing dip were not soy free.) And yes, there really isn't anything new on this menu. I'm not brave enough to try a totally new menu item when serving 30 people.
Sunday: Potato Soup, (I just realized I never posted my gf version) leftover Avocado Black Bean Salsa and chips, grapes
Monday: Leftover pork made into BBQ pork sandwiches, Steak Fries, leftover Spring Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Rice Casserole, Salad
Wednesday: Blackened Tilapia, Easy Red Potatoes, Mushrooms & Asparagus, Pineapple chunks
Thursday: Chicken Marengo, Rice, Salad
Friday: Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Corn, Salad

No comments: