Monday, November 9, 2009

Chicken Rice Casserole


A couple of nights ago, I wanted quick food. I was tired and just did not feel like cooking. I hope I can remember what I did to make this. There was almost none of it left at the end of the meal and everyone enjoyed it.

1/2 lb. bacon (gluten free)
1 can chicken
1 cup rice
1 TBS chopped parsley
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream (Daisy brand is gluten free)
1 cup grated cheese
1 chicken bouillon cube (gluten free)

Cook rice, adding bullion cube to water. Slice bacon as in Chicken Bacon Pita (which is NOT gluten free, but delicious for those who don't care about such things.) Brown in skillet, then add onion and cook until tender. Drain bacon and onion on paper towels to remove fat. Place in baking dish. Mix in remaining ingredients, topping with cheese. Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.

No comments: