Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monday Menu

It's September. That means I need to be creative with meals again. I will try to grill as long as possible, but the transition from summer food to fall/winter is coming soon.

Confession: I'm tired of cooking without wheat and its lovely gluten. But onward I will press. Elisabeth's been craving pizza. So I will attempt to make it again. My first try wasn't bad. I think we just need to get used to gf crust being different. Michael may be thrilled as he will finally have thin crust pizza. I will lament the loss of thick, chewy, bread dripping with lots of melted cheese.

Here is my Monday Menu which I wrote out yesterday, but have already made changes to.

Sunday: Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Corn Salad (it was to die for), Broccoli
Monday: PW's Coq au vin Chicken in Red Wine Sauce, served over rice, Green Salad
Tuesday: Ham Steaks, Grilled Fresh Pineapple ($1 a piece this week!!!) Cheesy Potatoes

I know, it seems like this was on my menu last week. Guess what, I never made it.

Wednesday: Main Dish Salad BLT Salad? Taco Salad? Chicken & Grape Salad? Teriyaki Chicken Salad? I'm undecided.
Thursday: Grilled Chicken, Strawberry Avocado Salad, Roasted Red Potatoes
Friday: Homemade GF Pizza!!!
Saturday: Hot Wings (Can you believe I've never made these???) What goes with hot wings?

No comments: