Monday, September 22, 2014

Bayou Blast


This recipe is for Emeril's Creole Seasoning or Bayou Blast. My son and daughter-in-law made Emeril's Cajun Jambalya for me when they were living in New Orleans.  I've never been able to quite duplicate the recipe, I think because Colorado isn't known for having truly fresh shrimp or for creating Andouille Sausage.  Here is the recipe for the seasoning.  I've used it to make fish tacos, as a dry rub for salmon and of course Jambalaya. Most recently I used it to season the salmon for my Salmon BLT Sandwich.

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

You can double, triple, or quadruple the recipe and keep in a airtight package.  I use a glass jar. Add all ingredients to the jar and shake to mix. Experiment to see how you best like to use this.

No comments: