Thursday, November 8, 2012

Potluck Dinners

Who doesn't love a good potluck dinner???  I have so many fond memories of church potluck dinners/picnics, and such.  The great thing is, if you don't like a particular food, you don't have to eat it!  There are plenty more to choose from.  It is like an all-you-can-eat buffet.  (Not that I've ever been to one, lol.)  As a kid these I thought these were wonderful, so not like eating at home when mom was cooking peas with dinner or some other dreaded food.

I am not particularly fond of leftovers.  If I have leftovers, and they are not eaten by someone for lunch, I usually feel compelled to transform them into something else.  A better way to go is  Potluck Night.  Tonight, I am doing just that.  I am probably heating up way too much food, but I personally love to mix mashed potatoes with a pasta or rice dish, have 2 or 3 different kinds of meat and a variety of vegetables.  Today's Potluck is:

BBQ ribs, transformed into pulled pork,
 Beer Cheese Chowder that I made Gluten Free,
(Wow, that's an old photo!)
Olive Chicken& Pepperocini,
Brussel Sprouts & Mushrooms,

Veggies & Dip,
Garlic Mashed Potatoes,
Spaghetti Squash w/Parmesan Cheese
Corn...am I forgetting anything?  Probably, but it is all in the oven, on the stove, or in a crockpot.

I love potluck dinners, especially when there is nothing I dislike.

No comments: