Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brussel Sprouts


I'm not sure why I'm including this recipe. Michael HATES brussel sprouts. Something about having to eat them while growing up. When we married he let me know of his two despised foods: Brussel sprouts and Lima Beans. Oh well.

3-4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms (I like the crimini mushrooms)
3 TBS butter
1-2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1-2 TBS lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Cook brussel sprouts either in the microwave with a bit of water or on the stove with water. Drain. Mix lemon juice and mustard. Melt butter in skillet and stir-fry mushrooms. Add the brussel sprouts. Stir fry together, then add parsley & lemon juice mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
(Sorry the photo is blurry. That's just life sometimes.)

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

This is like one of my all time favorite dishes ever. I love it. Despite your questioning of posting it. I'm so very glad you did