Sunday, March 28, 2010

GFCF French Toast

I did it! I made Ethan gluten free, casein free french toast. Sure it would be great if I'd used homemade bread and all, but so nice to have the convenience of easy to prepare gfcf food. I am not a big fan of rice milk or soy milk, but am loving the new coconut milk found in the dairy case at the grocery store. So with these few ingredients:

We had lovely french toast:



1 egg
1 cup coconut milk
dash of vanilla
dash or two of salt
Gluten free bread-if you're in Colorado, Udi's is the best bread!

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon
(I didn't need to make any up this morning, so these measurements are approximate.)

Mix the eggs together in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla, & salt. Mix well. Pour into a shallow dish, such as a pie plate. Dip bread in mixture and cook on oiled gridle or pan on Med/high heat. (375 degrees in electric skillet.) Lightly brown each side. This recipe is easily doubled.

No comments: