Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Different Baked Potato

I can't remember when I first ran across these. But when I saw them again, I decided to try them. They look prettier than baked potatoes too. I believe they are called hasselback potatoes, but I needed a name my family can remember, lol.

6 medium sized potatoes (or however many you need)
3-4 TBS butter
1 TBS olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Course ground salt
Chives, dried or fresh
Fresh ground pepper
fresh parsley, rosemary or any other seasoning you might like (optional)
paprika (optional)

Brush pan with olive oil. Scrub potatoes. Slice almost through in 1/8-1/4 inch slits. Melt butter in small dish. Add garlic, chives, parsley, etc. Brush over potatoes. Try to get in between the slices with some of the minced garlic and seasonings. Grind salt and pepper over the top. Can sprinkle paprike over top also. Bake at 450 degrees for 35-45 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes.

No comments: