Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chicken Rice Casserole


I didn't grocery shop today. I should have, but didn't. I wasn't in the mood to cook. So I threw this together with what I had.

1 can chicken
1 box Rice-A-Roni Chicken Flavor
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 TBS Olive Oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced red pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery, including some leaves
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)

Cook rice according to directions. While rice is cooking, chop and prepare remaining ingredients. Saute onion & celery in olive oil. (I would have just microwaved it, but mine is currently broken and I was too lazy to walk downstairs to my back up kitchen.)

Mix all ingredients in a 2 qt. casserole dish, topping with cheese and chopped parsley if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Serve with Toasted Bagel Slices and salad.

No comments: