Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chicken Fajitas

2-3 lbs boneless chicken (I often use chicken tenders
1-2 large onions,(juliene) sliced
2 julienned peppers, red, yellow, green...I prefer red,yellow,orange as the green ones have a stronger flavor that my family isn't fond of
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice (can use lime also)
2 tsp garlic salt*
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
Flour Tortillas
Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, and refried beans

Place chicken, onions, & peppers in a dish or ziploc bag to marinate. Mix remaining ingredients, except tortillas. Pour over chicken/vegetables. Marinate all day or overnight. Drain marinade and grill chicken over hot grill. Saute onions and peppers in a pan until tender. When chicken is cooked, slice into this strips or bite-size pieces. Serve in warmed tortillas with toppings. I like to grill my chicken and saute my vegetables an hour or two before we eat. I place them in my split crockpot on warm until ready to serve. This eliminates the last minute grilling, slicing, and sauteing. And you can have your kitchen cleaned up before you eat. (Unless of course you are also making salsa, guacamole, etc.)

No comments: