Monday, November 5, 2007

Spicy Roasted Potatoes

Have I mentioned I like quick and easy? My family enjoys these spicy oven fries. They are made from a bag of Simply Potatoes (red potato wedges cut and ready to use.) The recipe came from the back of the package. I have made these with potatoes that I cut myself, but I prefer the packaged-so easy.


1 bag Simply Potatoes Wedges (or 4-5 red potatoes cut into wedges)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (If you're concerned about the hot/spiciness, cut back on this or omit completely.)

Heat oven to 425°F. Toss Simply Potatoes® with oil in bowl. (I use a gallon-size ziploc bag.) Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl; toss with Simply Potatoes® until evenly coated. Place Simply Potatoes® on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: