Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gluten Free Soft Pretzels

I made these wonderful gluten free soft pretzels today.  I wish I could share the recipe, but it is actually a mix.  I purchased this from the Gluten Free Country Store.  It comes from Dutch Country Soft Pretzels and is actually one of the easiest gluten free bread mixes I've ever worked with.

Mix the contents of bag with 2 cups of warm water and a package of yeast.  Knead by hand.  Let rise for an hour.  Remove portions and roll out on a greased countertop and form into pretzels. 


Dip in a mixture of 3 TBS baking soda dissolved in 2 cups hot water.  Place pretzels on a greased baking sheet.  Add course salt. 

Bake for 8-12 minutes at 400 degrees, or until lightly browned.  Brush with melted butter after removing from oven. Enjoy warm from the oven or cool and store for later.

No comments: