Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kale Salad

I have only eaten kale a few times.  I found a bag of Kale with carrots cut in matchsticks and some red cabbage shreds.  The color was a lovely dark green, so I decided I needed to try it.  I even found a recipe on the back for dressing.  I wish I could remember who packaged it.  I tried googling it, but didn't find it.  I tweaked the dressing recipe as per usual.  My sister was here for dinner and had seconds (or thirds.)  I ate it the next day for lunch, and it was better than the first day.

8 oz. bag dino kale
2 TBS toasted sesame seeds

Dressing:

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (I like the garlic flavored)
 1/4 cup olive oil
1  TBS sesame oil
1/2 TBS sugar
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper


Mix dressing in container with lid.  Shake to combine.  Pour over salad and toss.  Mix in sesame seeds.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more before serving.  Can be made a day ahead and kept in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Going to try this one....yum! If I can find the kale, that is.