Tuesday, January 4, 2011

GF Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread


I'll experiment more with this type of bread. It was a big hit and gone the first day.

1 pkg. bread mix (I used Pamela's Wheat Free Bread Mix)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Blend sugar and cinnamon together. Prepare bread mix for baking in oven. Spray a bundt pan with oil. Drizzle a couple of TBS of butter in pan. Sprinkle 3-4 TBS of sugar/cinnamon and 1/3 of nuts. Plop spoonfuls of dough to cover the bottom of pan. Brush or drizzle more butter and another layer of sugar mix & nuts. Spoon the rest of the dough in balls in another layer and finish with the remaining butter, cinnamon/sugar, and nuts.

Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 40 minutes or so. I place it in the oven to rise. I don't preheat, just turn the oven on. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Invert on plate, let cool slightly, and serve warm.

This time I made a glaze for the top:
1 1/2 TBS butter, melted
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 TBS milk

Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Drizzle milk in until desired consistency.

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh my! I should not try this. But I think I am going to. WOW!