Saturday, December 11, 2010

Carrots & Spinach


I found this recipe on Flip Cookbook, a blog I recently ran across. I was craving spinach and needed a side dish. I saw this recipe with collard greens and thought I could substitute spinach. With a few carrots and onion, it was a nice side dish. I might experiment with the seasonings a bit next time, but this hit the spot.

1 9 0z. bag spinach
1 cup sliced carrots
1 onion, sliced or chopped
2 TBS peanut butter
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1/2 cup hot water
1 TBS olive oil

Blend peanut butter into hot water. Saute onions & carrots in oil for a couple of minutes. Add cumin, coriander and continue cooking for another couple of minutes. Add the spinach into pan until wilted. Pour peanut butter over and cook a few minutes until carrots are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: