Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spicy Chipotle Chicken


This recipe comes from Des at Life's Ambrosia. I recently found her blog via Tasty Kitchen. Her recipe uses bone-in chicken and marinating. I have found I usually burn anything but boneless chicken, so prefer boneless. It isn't entirely my fault. It is difficult to watch chicken on the outdoor grill when I'm running back indoors to finish up the side dishes. And true to form, when I tried this recipe with chicken legs, they did indeed come out burned.

1 1/2-2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
1 7 oz. can Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (La Costena brand is gluten free)
Juice from 1 Lime
1/4 cup Honey
2 tsp. White or Rice Wine Vinegar
1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt

Combine chipotle peppers, honey, vinegar, garlic, juice from lime, and salt in a food processor. Process until it becomes a paste. Place chicken in dish and coat chicken with Sauce. Cook over hot grill 3-4 minutes each side. You can reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for serving, but I found it was plenty hot and spicy enough to not need any extra.

No comments: