Monday, July 5, 2010

Gluten Free White Chocolate Cheesecake


This is a delightful cheesecake made by my nephew Kestrel. It is a no crust cheesecake so gluten free. Yay! I was in the kitchen "helping" him, but as I'm looking at the recipe he gave me, I'm quite certain that he did not follow the directions he gave me. Sigh. He bakes the way I cook, lol. I'm going to copy what he gave me and I'll come back and change it if necessary.

And this is the fine young man who created it.


4-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
4 eggs, separated
8 oz. white chocolate

Place the following in large mixing bowl: softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolks. Mix thoroughly. Melt white chocolate-reserving 2 oz. or so for topping, and combine with cream cheese mix. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold in beaten egg whites, until blended.

Pour into a greased springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until center if fully cooked. Let cool.

Melt extra white chocolate chips in a saucepan with a little bit of sugar and milk. Pour over top and spread evenly.

For the cool design: while the chocolate on top is still warm, melt a small amount of dark chocolate in the microwave and pour in to a plastic bag, (or icing bag if you have one.) Make four or five circles, each larger than the last in the middle of the cheesecake spreading out. Once finished with the circles, with a toothpick, do a line from the outside in, then the inside to out. make 8 lines in all.

No comments: