Friday, March 5, 2010

Spinach Salad



I bought a huge container of spinach this week. I thought I'd make a salad one day, then maybe some creamed spinach. But after making this, Michael declared it his new favorite salad, you'd think I could remember to take a picture. We've eaten this 3 times this week. I still have fresh spinach leftover. Guess I'll have to eat the rest of it cooked.

A bunch of spinach, however much fills your salad bowl
2-8 slices crisp cooked bacon (this week I had precooked, shredded bacon I wanted to use up, but it would be even tastier with fresh cooked)
1/4 of a sweet onion, cut in slivers
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 can mandarin oranges, drained

Mix salad ingredients in a bowl. Add dressing to coat spinach, as desired. Mix gently.

Red Dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (I like the garlic flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS ketchup
Mix ingredients together in a container that can be shaken. Shake vigorously until well blended. Store in refrigerator. Recipe can be doubled.

No comments: