Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jalapeno Poppers

I know why I haven't updated much. By the time I get around to writing a recipe, days after I prepared it, I can't remember the ingredients and instructions. I'll work on that.

I made homemade gluten-free tortillas last night, but was not excited about how they turned out. I'll work on those.

I also made jalapeno poppers. They are naturally gluten free (if you buy the right bacon & cream cheese.) And they are delicious:


 20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
 2 cubes Cream Cheese, softened
 1 pound Thin(regular) Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds

I used rubber gloves to slice the jalapenos, as I've learned the hard way what happens to skin when exposed to hot peppers for very long. The burn lasts hours.

Slice peppers in half length wise. Using a knife or spoon, scrape out seeds. If you like heat, leave a few. Fill each one with cream cheese. Wrap bacon around and secure with toothpick.

Bake on a pan at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I then turned the broiler on for 5 minutes to make sure the bacon was crisp.

Update: Since making this recipe dozens of times, I have resorted to using prosciutto instead of bacon. It is so much easier to work with and for those who normally avoid bacon, some are open to these.

No comments: