Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mango Salsa


I made Tilapia w/mango salsa the other day, but thought avocado would be delicious with it. When I can get avocadoes for $1 a piece, I try to incorporate them any way I can. And the best part? Naturally Gluten Free. My mango, on the other hand, was overripe and it was difficult to get whole slices off without making mush. The taste remained delightful. My kids at the leftovers on chips the next day while Michael and I enjoyed this atop grilled tilapia.

Mango Salsa:

1 large mango, peeled & chopped
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
2-3 TBS diced sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 TBS fresh chopped parsley
1 jalapeno pepper, diced finely
2-3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice (juice of one lime is perfect)
salt and pepper to taste

Add ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments: