Friday, September 25, 2009

Chicken Ham Cha-ching



2-3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced thin or cubed
2 cups chopped ham (leftovers are great, use whatever you have)
1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's all-purpose)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 cup white wine (white merlot, doesn't look white, a very pretty dark pink is what I used)
1-1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 gluten free chicken boullion cube
2 TBS olive oil
1 beaten egg
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix flour, cornstarch, and onion powder in large ziploc bag. Dip chicken in beaten egg, then place in cornstarch mixture. I shake all of the chicken around in the bag until well coated. In a pan, heat the olive oil. Lightly brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken from pan and place in a baking dish. Toss ham in with the chicken.

In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add sour cream and wine, scraping any bits of browned chicken into sauce. Add boullion and mix well. Pour sauce over chicken and ham. Top with cheese and if you feel like it, you can add some bacon bits-I did. I also had one last piece of gluten free bread I thought would make a nice crunchy topping if I toasted it a bit and shredded over the top. But I burned it in the new gluten free toaster, so it was thrown out. (I've gotta quit throwing food away.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Someone mentioned that this would taste good with Swiss Cheese and be somewhat like Chicken Cordon Bleu, but I've never had CCB, nor have I ever made it so I have no clue.

No comments: