Monday, June 1, 2009

Chicken & Bacon, yum!



I made Pioneer Woman's Ranch Style Chicken. It is naturally gluten free if you buy gluten free bacon and mustard. It was tasty. The picture didn't come out nearly as lovely as hers. I need to write down gluten free meals I make, before I forget.

Anyone who knows me, understands that I don't follow recipes well. (Or should I say at all?) Here is the recipe the way I made it.

8 thin-sliced, boneless chicken breasts
1 lb. bacon
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
2 TBS lemon juice
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Mix honey, mustard, lemon juice, paprika & salt together. Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator.

Cook bacon in skillet. (I like an electric skillet to control heat and the pan is big enough to cook a lot at a time.) Remove and place bacon between paper towels to remove grease and keep crisp. Pour off all but about 1/2 cup bacon grease.

Drain marinade from chicken. Heat bacon grease (375 in electric skillet) and brown chicken. Place chicken on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven, add bacon strips and cheddar cheese to top of each breast. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I did make PW's Fluffy Potatoes to go with this, but will do them differently next time. (That is another post.)

No comments: