Friday, September 12, 2008

Grillled Salmon


I made Sweet Bourbon Salmon last night, except I didn't have any pineapple juice or fresh chives. I also switched up my menu a bit. I made baked potatoes, lettuce wedge salad, and green beans. I almost made twice baked potatoes, but I ran out of time. So I baked extra potatoes and can now bake them again, lol. I also cooked 3 lbs of salmon steaks so increased the amount of ingredients. Here is the recipe again with the change in juice (which I think is now my new favorite.)


1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar (I don't pack it down, just pour it in rather loosely. Packed, it is probably closer to 1/4 cup.)
2 TBS Kentucky bourbon
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp dried chives
3 lbs skinless salmon filets

Combine orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, garlic salt, pepper, & chives in a gallon size freezer ziploc bag. Mix to dissolve the sugar. Add oil. Place the filets in the bag and marinate several hours. (For 3 lbs., I had to divide in 2 bags.)

Grill 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. I use a wire fish basket, making it easy to turn fillets. Try not to overcook, and be very gentle turning only once. Salmon is too expensive to lose big chunks falling between the grill grates.

No comments: