Monday, May 12, 2008

Lettuce Wedge w/blue cheese dressing


I've tried making this with several different types of blue cheese dressing. I have liked them all, but this last one I tried my husband liked the best.

1 head iceberg lettuce
crumbled bleu cheese (I like a mild one)
chopped tomatoes (optional)

Dressing:
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
3-4 oz. blue cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic salt
fresh ground black pepper

Place dressing ingredients, except the cheese, into a container. Mix very well. Best if made a day ahead. Rinse head of lettuce. Hit the stem firmly onto the table or counter to remove. Wrap it in paper towels, stem side down to dry. Place back in refrigerator with dry paper towels (I put it all into a plastic bag to keep it crisp,) until ready to use. Do this step when you make the dressing.

Cut lettuce in half, then into wedges 4-8, depending on desired size. Serve on chilled plates with dressing poured over, sprinkled with additional blue cheese and tomatoes. (The photo shown is NOT on a chilled plate.)

No comments: