Thursday, April 3, 2008

One Pot Dish

I don't usually make one dish meals. Well, that isn't true, I make them, but I obsessively add side dishes to complement whatever it is. This I've made twice recently, when not feeling well. And truly, we did not have any side dishes, hence the name.

This recipe originated from a shopping trip to Sam's club on a day when I was hungry. I couldn't pass by the samples without tasting every one of them. When I'm hungry, everything tastes good and I buy one of each. I arrived home with a package of smoked sausage. (I think they were Keilbasa.) Can't remember the last time I bought these. So here is what I made.

I peeled and cut into cubes
4 potatoes &
chopped 1 cup of onion

I cooked these in 1/4 cup olive oil for about 15 minutes over medium/high heat. (Stirring frequently.)
I chopped and added:
1 red bell pepper
1 green pepper

And seasoned with:
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
fresh ground pepper

I covered the pot after stirring, as I couldn't tell if the potatoes were getting tender enough. After a few minutes I added:

approximately 1 lb. of sliced, smoked sausage

I cooked about 15 minutes more, uncovered until everything looked sufficiently browned and tender.

No comments: