Saturday, April 26, 2008

Meatball Soup

I tried this recipe from Tammy's site. It was good. Tammy must cook like I do. I noticed her photo of Italian Meatball Soup has tiny peas in it. But no where in the recipe are peas listed. Tammy has a great recipe site. Here is the recipe with the changes I made:


1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped carrots
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup cut green beans
2 cloves garlic
2 TBS granulated beef bouillon
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil (I would have used 1 TBS fresh, but I was out.)
1 TBS fresh parsley
1/8 tsp. sugar
salt & pepper to taste
25 small cooked meatballs (I buy the frozen italian ones)
1/2 cup sliced chicken sausage cooked (optional)
1 1/4 cups dry pasta
8-10 cups water


In crockpot add all ingredients but meat and pasta. Cook several hours. Add meatballs and sausage if desired. About 20 minutes before serving. Toss in pasta. Add additional water if necessary, as pasta will soak up some of the liquid. Can also be cooked on the stove in a large pot. To cook on stove, bring first ingredients to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, about 40 minutes. Add meat and continue cooking 20 minutes. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness, according to pasta package.

No comments: