Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Teriyaki Pork


As I perused Star Recipes by Melanie, I ran across one for Teriyaki Pork Roast. I didn't have a pork roast on hand, so thought I'd try pork loin chops and add some veggies. This is what I ended up with. Next time, I'll do it a bit different. I'm also going to try the recipe as stated in the original. But Michael like this one, so thought I'd write it up or else I will forget.

3/4 c unsweetened apple juice
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 inch piece grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves pressed
fresh ground pepper
6 boneless pork chops
garlic salt
1 TBS oil
1 TBS butter or olive oil
6 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 cup slivered onions
3/4 cup snow peas
Add first 7 ingredients to crockpot. Brown pork in 1 TBS oil, sprinkle with garlic salt. Add to crockpot. Run 1/2 cup water to the browned bits from cooking the chops. Add to crockpot. Cook on high 3 1/2 hours or 6 hours on low. At this point, I pulled out the chops and cut them into bite-size pieces.
Half hour before serving stir-fry onion, zuccini, mushrooms in butter or olive oil until tender. Add to pork. Add red peppers and pea pods. Mix 1/4 cup of water with 1 TBS of cornstarch to thicken, if desired. Serve over rice.

No comments: