Monday, November 5, 2007

Turkey Meatloaf

With the addition of fresh ginger, topped with brown sugar & made with ground turkey, this is a nice change from the usual meatloaf. (I have to note, most of my kids do NOT like any kind of meatloaf. I make this one for Michael, as he loves anything with ginger.)





INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs. ground turkey
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
1 small onion, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 1/2 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper


Topping:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup

Mix turkey with the rest of the ingredients (except topping.) I use a 2 prong fork or my hands. If you don't have a very large loaf pan, use 2 smaller ones. You don't want to overfill the pan. Spray pans with non-stick spray. Add meat and shape. Spread ketchup over meat and top with the brown sugar. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until juice is clear.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Can the turkey be substituted with ground beef?